The winery / Winemaking
The process of creating our wines is as follows:
- As soon as the grape reaches its exact point of maturity, generally in October, the harvesting process starts. The harvest is done manually,
which is slower than the mechanical harvesting, requires a larger number of workers and depends on the meteorological conditions but allow us to select the best quality grapes.
- Once the grape clusters reach the deposits of concrete in the winery,
we do a daily process of stirring the wine to keep the same temperature in all the lakes and support the grape fermentation.
- Once the first fermentation finishes, we proceed to the stepping of the grape, in the same manner that was used in the old times,
without the help of pneumatic presses, which favours the extraction of the wine without breaking the grape grain, and avoiding transmitting into the wine any sour flavour.
- Then, we finish extracting the wine contained in each grape by running the grapes through an arbour press.
All the wine extracted from the stepping and the press is stored in the concrete deposit, where the wine goes through the second fermentation.
In the case of the “De Garage” wine this fermentation happens in French oak barrels.
- Finally, we clean the wines through a process of filtering and clearing and
they are stored in concrete deposits until the moment of bottling the wine, in which we will proceed to sterilise the wine.